As the skills workers need to stay competitive change, education and training are also changing. While a degree is still highly valuable in many fields, shorter training and retraining programs can help you quickly and affordably start a new career or advance in your current role. Here we’ll look at top Online Certificate Programs from Accredited Universities that can help you gain skills to help you reach your career goals and stay competitive.
Who Should Consider Online Certificate Programs?
Certificate programs can help anyone who wants to learn a new skill, start a new career, or advance in their current role. Whether you are a traditional student starting directly after high school or you already have a degree and work experience, online certificate programs can help you reach your goals.
Each of the universities listed here caters to a wide range of students to provide the flexibility and value that make online learning the ideal way to keep your skills updated.
Top Accredited Online Certificate Programs
Purdue Global Campus
Purdue Global is part of the Purdue University System and provides the same comprehensive student resources and high quality of instruction that you can expect from Purdue University. With more than 20 years of experience in online instruction, PGC has created an online learning environment that gives students many of the same benefits of classroom instruction while also offering exceptional flexibility.
Key Features of Purdue Global Campus Online:
- 175 online programs including Certificates, Associate, Undergrad, and Graduate Degrees
- Interactive online programs to help you learn wherever you are
- Earn credit for your current work and educational experience in Purdue’s Open College program
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission
- Special program accreditation for Cybersecurity, Accounting, Emergency Management, and more.
Visit the Purdue Global Campus Online profile to learn more.
Arizona State University Online (ASU)
Ranked #1 in the U.S. for Innovation for 6 Consecutive Years, ASU Online is a college that is making the most of new technology for students. Earning a certificate from one of ASU’s programs will not only help you learn skills in your chosen field but also give you experience working with the newest and most innovative technology.
Key Features of ASU Online:
- Learn from renowned professors including Nobel laureates, Pulitzer Prize winners, and Fulbright Scholars.
- Student resources that help you learn and manage your time
- Ranked one of Forbes’ Best Value Colleges
- More than 200 degree and certificate programs
Visit the ASU Online Profile to learn more.
University of Maryland Global (UMGC)
UMGC is an extension of the University of Maryland, a state college that has been a well-respected institution for more than 70 years. As a college founded for working adults to further their education, UMGC focuses on teaching the most in-demand skills and offering degrees in growing fields like Healthcare, Computer Science, and Cyber Security.
Key Features of UMGC:
- More than 90 degree and certificate programs
- The majority of courses use digital resources and textbooks at a fraction of the cost of traditional books.
- Student Resources include online tutors and career advisors
- Affordability: UMGC gives students multiple ways to make reaching their educational goals financially manageable including scholarships, interest-free payments, and other tuition assistance.
Visit the UMGC Profile to learn more.